Smokefree.gov is intended to help you or someone you care about quit smoking.
Different people need different resources as they try to quit smoking cigarettes. The information and professional assistance available on this website can help to support both your immediate and long-term needs as you become, and remain, a non-smoker.
Smokefree.gov allows you to choose the help that best fits your needs. You can get immediate assistance in the form of:
- Information about a wide range of topics related to smoking and quitting
- LiveHelp, the National Cancer Institute's instant messaging service
- Local and state telephone quitlines, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- National Cancer Institute's telephone quitline, 1-877-44U-QUIT
- SmokefreeTXT, the National Cancer Institute's text messaging service
- Smokefree apps, quizzes, and materials to download
- Publications to download, print, or order
The website was created by the Tobacco Control Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute.
For information about this website's contents or technical features, email: NCISmokefreeTeam@mail.nih.gov.
Individuals or organizations wishing to link to Smokefree.gov should direct their link to https://smokefree.gov. If a description is to be provided with the link, NCI would prefer the following wording: Smokefree.gov (https://smokefree.gov) provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking.
Read our complete linking policy.