Quit Guide: Thinking About Quitting
Reasons for Quitting
Here are some examples of reasons to quit:
- I will feel healthier right away.
- I will have more energy and better focus.
- My senses of smell and taste will be better.
- I will have whiter teeth and fresher breath.
- I will cough less and breathe better.
- I will be healthier the rest of my life.
- I will lower my risk for cancer‚ heart attacks‚ strokes‚ early death‚ cataracts‚ and skin wrinkling.
- I will make my partner‚ friends‚ family‚ kids‚ grandchildren‚ and coworkers proud of me.
- My children will be healthier (fewer ear infections‚ coughs‚ and severe asthma attacks).
- I will be proud of myself.
- I will feel more in control of my life.
- I will be a better role model for my children.
- I will have more money to spend.
- I won’t have to worry: "When will I get to smoke next?"or ";What do I do when I’m in a smokefree place?"